It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Working Mom

Shame on me! It has been too long since an entry to my ever so intriguing life! Well, maybe it's not so intriguing, but my fans need me. And by fans I mean all 6 subscribers who read this blog. Anyhow, as the title suggests, I am a working mom. I went back on March 2. I thought that the morning I woke up and had to leave Mason would be tug at my heart. Wrong! I was running so behind schedule I barely had time to kiss his toesies and tell him by. Having stayed home for 6 weeks with the kiddo I made some conclusions. I see how there are people who want to stay at home. And I also see how there are those who choose to be a working mom. Staying home is great because you don't miss a moment. You are there for everything. And this is beautiful. However, for me there was a time where I longed to do something adultish. Unfortunately, there are not too many people who are also home during the day, so you are forced to make small talk wit someone who does not respond. And while this is great for many moms, it was not for me. I realized that I kinda like working. I like being around people who converse with me, although many of them don't offer the infectious smile that Mason does. So, I am glad that I am in a profession where I get a break here and there, so I do have periods of time to catch some precious moments. I probably also Like working because I do not have a choice. So until we strike it rich, I will work and come home to my lil baby boy. It's a nice end to a long day. I can be around a bunch of other people kids who I am scared to touch because of illness, but I come home to my own and can cuddle with him all I want. I am sure by summer I will be yearning to be home and spend time with Mason, but for now I shall trek to my low paying job and come home to my fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment