It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Newsflash


I see why people have a second child. I was looking through my camera at Mason's pictures. I miss him. He was so cute and tiny...actually he is still those two things. But I do miss the first couple of months he was home and Pat and I were new parents. Now, I love how he is growing and changing everyday, but gees. I miss the 'lil fella who used to sleep most of the day. The kid who didn't mind lying on my chest in the mornings. The one who took the bottle throughout the day. My little guy who could happily lay on the bed as I got dressed or brushed my teeth. Gone are those days. He has gotten into the habit of taking only a thirty minute nap at least once a day. He is so full of himself now that he can pop up when he's on his belly that he never wants to rest on me. I've been around so much this summer, 99% of the time he refuses a bottle and prefers his milk from the source. I've even tried a sippy cup to no avail. And DO NOT leave him on the bed. (I learned the hard way...well actually he learned the hard way when he fell). So where does that leave me? Wanting to have another child immediately? Nope! All I'm saying is that I understand why people have another. I'd love to savor the moments of a newborn again. I guess with your first baby you don't miss your milk 'til your bottle runs dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment