It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm a mama

It has been three months, but from time to time it hits me. I'm a mom! This got me to thinking. What are the signs that let me know I'm a parent now? And while these things apply to me, I'm sure there are some other folk out there who can relate to at least one of my thoughts. Here are signs that let me know I am a mama:
- You find half completed tasks around the home two hours after you started them. The dishwasher left open, the orange juice left out next to an empty glass or a reply to a text that you never sent.
-You ask yourself "What day is it?" or "When was the last time I ate?" or "Did I brush my teeth today?"
- The last song you listened to, found yourself dancing to or sang was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or some other lullaby.
- When someone asks you "What time did you get up this morning?" you look at them perplexed.
- Your purse is really a diaper bag or is it your diaper bag is your purse?
- You base errands on a feeding schedule.
- The last time you were rocking at 3a.m., you really were rocking.
- You have sucked a pacifier. (I swored I'd never do it, sadly I have)
- Your favorite scent is Dreft or Johnson's Baby.
- Your "good clothes" consist of anything that doesn't have milk or bodily fluids on it.

I'm sure I could go on, cause I keep thinking of the "signs" as I type. However, I'm gonna go hang with my lil man instead. After all, I am a mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment