It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Imagine

Here are ten things I never imagined:
 I never imagined I'd be a poo inspector. I look at each poo to make sure it's "normal". I have to, apparently poos will morph. I need to be in the know.
 I never imagined it would be so hard to remove a boogie from a baby's nose! An aspirator helps some, but it is still a challenge. So challenging that I actually thought of using Mason's finger to get a boogie out. (It was a quick thought, and I did not do it people)
I never imagined I'd be so comfortable with bodily fluids. Drool is a part of my life. You get everything on you as a mommy. The weird thing is you don't even care. The other day I had just dressed Mason when he began to spit up. I actually caught it with my hand so that I would not have to change his clothes!
 I never imagined it would be such a task to dress a baby! Here's why...the head! Their head is 60% of their body and it's soft. I'm nervous to put a shirt on it, and he's squirming. I thought it would be a quick pull and you're done. Wrong. I try to avoid shirts as much as possible.
 I never imagined I'd lose my memory at such a young age. I pride myself in the ability to remember things. But sadly, I forget what I am saying mid sentence. I even got my child's birth date wrong the other day!
 I never imagined I'd be so smitten by someone, especially so soon. Patrick and I had a long courtship...longer than most. And while I liked him, I was not smitten by him. But Mason, ohhhhh he's a dream! He can do not wrong. I can't believe how fast it happened. Everything he does is "cute", "precious", "adorable".  It's amazing.
When you're younger you have lots of thoughts about your future. You imagine your fancy well paying job or your glamorous wedding or traveling the world.  Last year I imagined we'd buy a house in 2011 and start a family when I was 30. Last your I never, I repeat NEVER imagined I'd be a mommy.  Never did I imagine any of these things. But you know what? I don't mind. I love my Mason and now I can't imagine life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment