It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Progress Report

The last time I did report cards, I followed up with conferences, then topped it off with a baby. It's report card time, so I figure I need to do another update on the baby. A progress report of sorts. For starters, he is known by the following: Mason, Mason Jett, Jett, MJ, and The Baby. I call him Mason, but to each his own. He is up to 6lbs 1oz as of 1.20.10. He is working so very hard on holding his head up. It's quite funny since half his body weight is housed there. He'll be on the cusp of getting it, then topple over. Hilarious. Also, he is doing a better job of tracking objects with his eyes. We work on this a few times a day.Fortunately,  he has been less cranky when he gets a dirty diaper, which makes me happy. I was tired of hearing his complaints at the drop of wetness or poo. However, I would not have minded if he squealed yesterday; for, I was the victim of a poo that crept out of the Huggies and onto me. And it was on my new house pants =( We've been trying to get his feedings up to 60mL a session, currently he's at 50ish. There are too many cute, fat babies being born at my job that he is competing with. Skinny babies finish last, so he's gotta pack on the weight. His latest (and most eye rolling for me) thing is this outburst of crying he does. He cries (for probably 7 seconds) like I am pinching him. We're sooooo over that, too bad he is not. We have decided he is just finding his voice. After all, he had to listen to his roomy cry constantly in the hospital. So, he has had some lessons on how to cry. We are super lucky that a friend gave us a swing. We can get a bit more done while he swings away. I'll be glad when he can fit in a carrier. That way he can hang out with me while I do whatever it is I do. Overall, he is still a pretty good baby. I'll let you know if it still holds true on his next progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment