It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No nipples!

Well, today is my first day of maternity leave...with my baby at home. So far, so good. I even did the night shift without too much discombobulation. Now, I am home for six weeks, so I am certain I will get more blogging in. And I am sure that there will be a milestone in those two weeks. We had our first milestone this weekend. I decided to take Mason to see my grandma. His first trip out of the house that was not a visit to the doctor. I bundled him up and loaded the diaper bag. As we were riding down I-40 my brain began to function. That's when I realized that I packed 99% of the essentials. What's the 1%? Nipples. I packed bottles and no nipples. I panicked. What was I to do? Do I feed au natural? Turn around? By a cheap-o bottle? So I did what made sense... I called Pat. He was no help. He suggested a natural feed, I was not interested. Luckily, Babies R Us was the next exit. So, Mason got to take his first trip to a public place. Of course I was paranoid to take a newby to a place as such. After finding the most convenient, yet cramped parking space we went in. I decided to keep my car seat cover on, and not contaminate my boy. Of all the days I have gone into this store, this was the most crowded I had ever seen it. And everyone in there was in the bottle section. I kid you not. Next lesson, bottles are more expensive than I'd anticipated. After spending twice as long as desired, I bought a bottle, squeezed Mason back into car, and headed to Grandma's. Whew. Lesson of the day? Check, double check, and triple check that diaper bad. 'Cause stoppin ain't worth the headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment