It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My 4 month old

Please note, this was written on 5/31/11, but for some reason I just logged in and noticed it was not posted.
On Tuesday we went to Mas's "big" appointment at Duke Children's Hospital. The purpose of this appointment was to check on his development since he's a preemie; he was considered a 4 month old at the appointment . It went fairly well. We learned a lot, I feel. So, babies enter fetal position around 33 weeks. Mason came at 30 weeks, so he never curled inside of me. As a result he does not have strong curling muscles. Well, curling muscles are responsible for lots. It helps him meet his feet, reach for things and get ready to crawl. Of course Pat and I heard "Mason can't..."  and went into psycho parent mode. That night I went to Babies R Us to purchase some items that will aid in his curling development. I bought a tray for his Bumbo, this allows us to sit toys on the tray for him to reach for. I also got a mirror that we put either in the crib or on the floor. We sit him in a position on his tummy, and he can look at himself while doing so. We're also supposed to put him on his back and give his feet to him. All these things are going to put our Lil Man where he should be developmentally. He also had to get some lab work done. I was so scared because I don't like seeing him get pricked. Well...he proved me so wrong. I guess after having his heel pricked umpteen times in his life, it's really nothing. He didn't flinch or cry. Took it like a 6 month old! Oh yeah, he's also 11 pounds 7 ounces and 23.5 inches long. We love him. Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment