It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Sunday, December 26, 2010

24/7 365

So this time tomorrow I'll be a full time mommy. Well actually maybe in twelve hours give or take a couple. It's surreal. You expect to go home with your baby when you plan your pregnancy out in your head. So, I had planned that part. I'd have contractions, we'd pack up, there would be some heavy breathing and a couple of pushes, Pat would cut the umbilical cord, they would discharge us, and we would go home as a family. All in a matter of three days. Wrong. We have waited fifty days and now the time has come.  I'm not scared. It's kinda like the first day of kindergarten. You know how you wait all summer of what to expect? You've visited the school, bought your backpack, met your teachers; however, you still need to see for yourself. So if you have asked me if I'm ready and I said "Sure", just think about how a five year old would respond on August 19th if you asked if they were ready for kindergarten. We're prepared. We're ready,  just anxious to jump into full time parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment