It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Revelations

I have made profound revelations in the past five weeks. One, I had too much time on my hands before motherhood. I don't know what I was doing. Now, I am on a schedule, which I am sure will change once he comes home. Nonetheless, this schedule has proven that I should have been in a club, volunteering, having a hobby. Something. I don't know what I have been doing since I finished school. Whatever it was, it was not too productive. Two, what was on my mind before Mason? I'm sure he would be on my mind despite being in the hospital, but it's nonstop now. Leading me to question, what did I wake up thinking about before this? Was I so egotistical that it was all about me and I didn't know? No way, I was always thinking. Right? Was I not using my thoughts to ponder meaningful world issues like how to lower my carbon footprint or is Tupac alive? I'm either thinking about him or what I'll do with him. Will I let him eat Burger King? Will I allow him to play football?  Well, I now have an agenda so no more idle time on these hands, nor will I sit around googling "Kim Kardashians butt real". I have real things to do and real issues to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment