It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The First 48

The good news is Mason is home and we're adjusting. The bad news is we're adjusting to him. If I want to eat and he's hungry, guess who wins? If we are in a deep slumber at 3 a.m. and he wants to get up, guess who wins? If I want to talk on the phone or check email and he's "crying", guess who wins? So the unofficial score is Mason-more, Pat and Jan-less. He's winning, but hopefully not for long. He's a pretty easy going baby, thus far. (Knock on wood). What get hims the most riled up is a dirty diaper. Luckily, the hospital could not give him undivided attention, so he's self sufficient. He generally just wakes up and will lie in his bassinet.  We'll hear his lips smacking or a small coo and know that he needs something. I am becoming a bit nutty due to my new sleep schedule. The dreams are bizarre because I am in and out of consciousness. Last night Pat randomly asked me for a bowl as he was going to sleep, he too is nutty. I can only imagine that it will get nuttier. I think it's best that I sign off now and go catch a few winks before You Know Who makes a demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment