It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Friday, December 10, 2010

So Amazing

I keep playing November 5th back in my head, and I can only come up with the word "amazing". Not just pixie dust amazing, but speechless dumbfounded "say whaaaaaat" amazing. The first amazing thing is that I'm a mama! I'M A MAMA?!?!? I'm responsible for someone. He is dependent on me. I have to have a babysitter to go out. I have to choose Huggies over Chipotle. A mama! Amazing. Amazing that I wake up from my wonderful slumber to pump in the middle of the night. 'Cause I loves my sleep. Now, when you have preemie folks come out of hiding to tell their preemie story. After listening to some of those stories, we have an amazing preemie. He has had little setbacks...if you want to even call jaundice a setback. It's amazing he was born at 30 weeks, but was breathing on his own so early. Really, he's just small. Everything else with him is fine. (Thank God!) We're working on bottle feeding right now, and his isolete temperature is continually dropping, so he'll be outta there soon. It's amazing that he has a humor (I think). How else can you explain the wet diaper I went to change, looked at him in awe for a moment, then had a poopy diaper? And it's amazing he has a personality (maybe). He has been working so hard this week on bottle feed. Even taking the entire 30 something milliliters a few times, and half the bottle other times. Then bam...he decides other day and takes 5ml for the whole day! I think he knows he has the feeding tube to fall back on. And speaking of feeding tube, he pulled it out. Just the satisfaction, I believe. It's all been amazing. Truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment