It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I make this look easy

Why didn't the folks with kids tell me this whole pregnancy/birth/motherhood thing was so easy? No morning sickness. No odd cravings. No dilating 10 centimeters. No pushing. No waking up in the middle of the night. No changing diapers every hour. I do wish I had gone the whole nine months. I wanted my belly button to pop out completely. Plus,  it would have made things much easier. And who doesn't want to bring their new baby home? Naturally, we'd love to have him here now. But I guess we're eating up these last few moments as semi-single/semi-parents. We have one foot in the world of getting home at 3am and the other foot in the hospital. It's weird. But in some ways everyone should get to transition into the world parenthood. It would be like getting your permit. (But having a permit to parent is another blog!) I know for the next child, assuming I have another, we will be in shock. Taking it home with us days after birth! Having to be prepared for the arrival. Whew! I can't imagine what will be in that blog. But in the meantime...I'm just gonna make this look easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment