It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weight a second

For starters, Mason's birth weight has been debated. When he was born the folks in the operating room told me two and a half pounds. However, later that day we were informed it was 2lbs 5.5oz. Yet, when people told us again they said 2lbs 6oz. (I believe this is rounded from the previously stated weight) Then, when I was looking at his info on his isolete 2lbs 9oz was crossed out. We finally discovered his true weight is the 2lbs 5.5oz. Whew. I even get confused when folks now. But none of that matters anymore. 'Cause my lil man is movin on up. First, he hit the weight that helped him get out of the isolete. That was either 1600 or 1700 grams. Too bad I can't recall what that translates to in pounds. Last night when Pat and I were there we saw him get assessed. He weighed in at 4lbs! He has some cheeks now. On both ends! Well...maybe not both ends. (Side note- if you want a good laugh look at a preemie tooshie). Moral of the story is, we don't care too much about what he weighed at birth. And the way he chugged his bottle down for me today, he's gonna be gaining some more! Speaking of bottles, Young Mr. Walton took 3 bottles today out of his six feedings. How much is in a bottle you ask? Thirty six milliliters or a little over an ounce. And if you know what an ounce is (think a packet of BBQ sauce from Bo'Jangles) that is too cute. So I'll keep pumping and he'll keep gaining (and hopefully I'll keep losing).

No comments:

Post a Comment