It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

rANdOM

Here are a few thoughts that wouldn't make a decent entry on its own.

1) You have no control in pregnancy. I have learned not to say what I want. For starters, I stated early on that I did not want a c-section. Ka-powee! Secondly, I told Pat "I can't have this baby in 2010, I'm not prepared" Ka-powee! Next, "I don't want my baby born at Duke.", SMH. Ka-powee.
2) What are the odds that Mason should get a new roomy yesterday...named Mason?
3) Everyone says "That's a great name" when we tell them our child's name. I took it as a compliment in the beginning. Now, I feel pressured. I have to make sure that my next child (assuming I have another) has an equally great name. And I think it's the Jett part that sets it off. So should all our kids have a funky middle name? And what are some other funky noun type names? Apple (Gwenyth Paltrow's kid)? Scout (Bruce & Demi's)?
4) I looked like crap. Everyone knew, except me. I knew I was pregnant and not the fox you all are used to seeing. But it is amazing how the truth comes out now. Folks at work all thought I was miserable cause I looked so crappy. However, it it was not just work folk with these sentiments, folks outside of work too (Fuzzy and Eva!) I assure y'all I felt great throughout this pregnancy, I just looked like crap.
5) I understand how people become psycho-moms. You know those mamas who don't want their child to ride the school bus because there are no seat belts? Now I vow not to be that outrageous, but I can understand it. I closed the door to Mason's isolete (fancy word for incubator) just cause I smelled smoke in a visiting mother's clothes. And don't worry, I eventually opened the door.
6) I don't have a baby at home, yet I understand why "they" say you don't sleep when you have a baby. I've been trying to pump every 3 hours to simulate what my body would go through if MJW was here. I can't do it! I got up at 3 a.m. once. I've decided Pat will be doing early morning feedings while I get my rest. Besides, Mason will be introduced to a bottle before he comes home.
7) Kids are forever! I am...we... are responsible for Mason. I shake my head daily at kids thinking their parents should put down the cell phone and pick up a book. I SMH thinking they need to parent instead of just having kids. Now, I must parent. This is not Codie, a pup that can be left at home while I run out and get gas. You have to take 'em with you. Amazing.
8) Finally, I am a freaking slave to this pump. I swear I dreamed about that darn pump. And don't forget to pump one morning. You will wake up to a "pure-t" mess. (uhhhh....I would assume)

No comments:

Post a Comment