It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Sunday, November 14, 2010

How's it goin?

Well, Mason entered the world at about 1090 grams now he's a little under that at about  970. Ha! I only did that to make you scratch your head the way I do whenever they report his weight using the metric system! He weighed 2.5 pounds or so, now he's a little under that. He has spent a great deal of time breathing on his own, but recently they gave him the breathing tube so he wouldn't have to work so hard. They weigh his wittle diaper each day, and noticed his urine output was low. It is slowly increasing. In addition, he had an open valve in his heart (common among premies). It is supposed to take 3 doses of meds to see if it took. But being a tough guy, like Pat and me ;), he's looking like he may need only one dose. We'll see if that is the case. Pat has been great! I try to say please whenever I ask him for something. And I ask for a lot. He chauffeurs me back and forth to Duke, and in the wheelchair when we get there. He took me to the store once! Now he won't take me, makes me stay home. Drops me off at Grandmas. And when I drop stuff on the floor he picks it up for me.  And me... I'm doin well. Of course I can say that when they gave me Percocet and Motrin to use in conjunction with each other. I'm pretty mobile which is great to say. We're all doing well, what more could we ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment