It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Friday, November 12, 2010

The name game

In May, when I discovered I was pregnant, I was reading random names on the Internet. I said "Mason" and Pat immediately liked it. It quickly became the top name on our list for a boy. (BTW a girl was gonna be Peyton). We decided that we would keep the name to ourselves until delivery, despite folks saying we were no fun for telling. We didn't have a middle name though. We had thought about all sorts of names: cool names, family names, famous Guyanese people (Pat's family is from Guyana, South America). One night I blurted out "Jett" and Pat liked it. I was not sold. We even did an impromptu poll via BlackBerry and texts. The choices- Allen (nice and safe, courtesy of me), Patrick (obvious choice), or Jett (sounded good). Jett was highly popular. Pat was a bit torn because he wanted his boy to have part of him. Mason Patrick Walton?  However, after we had the process of parenthood sped up on November 6, we appropriately decided Jett. And so... Mason Jett Walton it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment