It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Thursday, November 11, 2010

In the beginning...

 Friday at work Mrs. Capps & Mrs. Jenny were concerned with my swelling feet. They encouraged me to stay off of them as much as possible. I assured them I would talk to the doctor that afternoon. I was not too concerned, my pregnancy had been blissful. When I got to the doctor I even sent Pat home to get his forgotten wallet. I knew it would be a short visit. WRONG! They sent me to the hospital for elevated blood pressure and protein in my urine. I was then sent to Duke when my blood pressure would not go down. Duke then decided to put me on ten days bed rest to get me to 32 weeks. Around 3 a.m. I kept feeling like I had to poo. Then I had an "ah ha" moment. I was experiencing contractions. Soon, the doctor told me that they needed to do an emergency C-section. Mama (my mama) was just getting off of vacation (why not go in November...no baby was coming). Kendra, my sister, found out about labor and fired up the car to get here asap. I opted not to tell my Grandma, she can be so dramatic. The UNCGirls were gonna come, but I convinced them to hold their horses. And, Nichole was gonna hit 85-N, but I asked her to wait. Even though I had advised all folks to stay put, Gretchen from work showed up. I'm not sure what she said to Pat while I was getting prepped, but he came in ready to roll. By 9:41 on November 6. I was a mama. And that is the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment