It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

What are the odds, as I lounged in bed this day of thanks that my phone should ring? It was the nurse practitioner from Duke. Of course my initial thought was that of not the best news. After all, the first time they ever called me was to tell me that Mason had a hole in his heart. (Yes, it did close with the meds given. We're thankful) This time they were calling to tell me that little Mason was being taken off of his feeding tube. We're thankful.  This means he will be taking his mama's milk by mouth . We're thankful. Also, she stated that Mason was the next candidate to be moved to Durham Regional. Basically, his space at Duke can be used for a baby in more need. We're thankful. Last night when I visited with Mason I was told he had reached three pounds! Growing so quickly. We're thankful. We are thankful for so much on this day. Who would have thought that a 19 day old preemie would allow for so many thanks on this day? We have lots to be thankful for in the upcoming days/weeks/months. But it means so much more to us to receive a call so wonderful on Thanksgiving Day. We're thankful. How bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment