It's a Boy

It's a Boy

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Progress Report

The NICU just might be getting tired of visitors for "Baby Alston". Grandma Eleanor and MiMi (I'm trying to find a name for Grandma Judy) use their lunch time to go visit with Mason. Pat and I make a visit each day, too.  Mason is probably getting tired of the constant attention, he just wants to sleep. All the visitors were thrilled to visit him yesterday. We got to see him look so peaceful because he did not have the CPAP attached to his nose, or the phototherapy light treating his jaundice. He was just a little baby sleeping with a few probes attached here and there. We had clear sight of his head and face. He made poo number two, too! He had his first taste of mama's milk, also. Finally, all this pumping is gonna pay off. And Pat is the biggest proponent of breastfeeding, so there is no escaping pumping.  MJ's (as so many are calling him) has gained weight. Maybe by next week he'll be a three pounder. Our fingers are crossed, but we'll remain realistic with a preemie. Oh yeah, I'm fine too. My blood pressure is down significantly. The swelling has gone away. I have not had a Percocet in 6 days, and an ibuprofen in 5 days. I even moved my car over a parking space! My first time driving in 12 days. I felt like a teenager who had gotten permission to drive even though they only have a permit. And Pat, or Dad as he has become known as, is doing a fabulous job.

No comments:

Post a Comment